The guiding principle of our safer gambling campaign, Changing for the Bettor, is to be the most trusted and enjoyable betting operator in the world. This strategy is based around 7 pillars;
- Understanding the problem and best solutions –we have announced a five year, multi-million dollar project with the Division on Addiction, Cambridge Health Alliance, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital.
- Educating our key stakeholders –including the national rollout of youth education programmes with gambling charities as well as state-school awareness campaigns.
- Promoting responsible attitudes –leading the industry in agreeing responsible marketing campaigns.
- Empowering customers –rolling out ‘markers of harm’ algorithms and additional safer gambling mechanisms for early detection and prevention of problem gambling.
- Funding treatment for those in need –increasing our donation to research, education and treatment on problem gambling ten fold, from 0.1% to 1% of gross gaming revenue (GGR).
- Championing responsible product design –developing more responsible product design principles.
- Drive cultural change within our business – ensuring that a safer gambling approach underpins all aspects of our business
This page was last reviewed and updated: February 2020