It’s time to travel back in time to the world of the Mayans, the Central American civilization. The Mayans were a civilization famous for many things, including great quantities of gold and other riches. And without going into any detail just yet, it is clear from a first impression that Playtech has definitely thought about bringing that sense of riches to its latest slots game release, with Mayan Blocks rich in both features and potential winnings.
Playtech is one of the most well established game developers in the industry with a long list of successful games to its name. And in Mayan Blocks, it looks as though it will be adding another game to that list of successes, as this colourful game, set up on a grid of 6 reels and 7 rows, is packed with features to keep you entertained for hours.
And to support those features is a very well thought out theme, with a backdrop of tropical plants accompanied by a traditional soundtrack playing whilst you spin the reels.
In terms of the betting range for Mayan Blocks, this seems to have been intentionally designed to meet every player’s needs, starting with a minimum bet of just £0.10 and going to a maximum bet of £500. It’s a maximum bet that probably won’t be tried too often, still, if the Mayans can’t inspire some courageous betting, then nobody can!
In terms of the RTP, this is 95.36%, which is just slightly below the average for the sector, which is 96%. Still, with all the features that this game has to offer, that slightly lower RTP should not put too many players off, particularly given the maximum prize of 10.000x your stake per free spin (with the 20x multiplier).
Last of all, it’s worth noting that Mayan Blocks is as entertaining to play on your desktop as it is on your mobile, and the configuration of the game makes it particularly well suited to the smaller screen.
In terms of the symbols that you’ll see on the reels in Mayan Blocks, these are split into lower an higher value symbols, as with most online slots games.
The lower value symbols appear on stone blocks whilst the higher value totem-style symbols appear on blocks of colour. And in terms of the higher value symbols, it is the gold Mayan head totem which is the highest value of these, paying 2x your stake for a combination or cluster of 5 symbols, which can increase to up to 500x your stake for a combination or cluster of 30 or more symbols.
There is also, as one would expect, a wild symbol that substitutes all regular symbols to form a winning combination or cluster, as well as a bonus symbol, which is the symbol that will activate the free spins feature.
Now when it comes to bonus functions, this is where anybody who wasn’t fully convinced by the prospects of this game so far will surely be persuaded.
There are six bonus functions that we are going to talk you through, which should be more than enough to get you excited about spinning those reels:
- The collapsing reels feature – Every time you achieve a winning combination or cluster, the winning symbols are removed from the grid and replaced with new ones. If a new winning combination or cluster appears then the process repeats over and over again.
- The win multiplier feature – Every successive win increases the multiplier by 1.
- The mega symbols feature – To help you create winning combinations, Playtech has incorporated some mega symbols of 2x2 or 3x3. Known as the mega symbols feature, these mega blocks count as the equivalent of 4 or 9 adjacent symbols.
- Mystery random wild symbols feature – This feature takes effect when the combinations or clusters have stopped forming, spreading across the reels randomly. If these symbols form new winning combinations or clusters, then this means more winnings and an increased multiplier.
- Free games feature – If you achieve four crystal symbols anywhere on the grid on the same spin, then you will receive 8 free spins. What’s more, every crystal symbol that appears during this feature adds another free spin.
- Multiplier boost spin feature – On your final free spin, you will play the multiplier boost spin feature, which essentially means that a random multiplier is applied to your winnings from the free spins feature, up to a total of 20x.
Mayan Blocks is a thoroughly enjoyable game, with a well thought out theme and a wealth of bonus features to keep players entertained for hours. What’s more the cluster pay format, as opposed to traditional paylines, is something a little different that makes even the base game more appealing than your typical slots game. So, ready to go and explore the ancient civilization of the Mayans? If so, PartyCasino is ready to accompany you on your journey to uncover its endless riches.